Sunday, November 21, 2010

For Those Who Wait, by Fireflight

It's hard to wait patiently for God to come and help you when you seem to be sinking further every day. It's hard to sit back and not do anything except for praying to God that He will rescue you. It's easy to doubt that it will even happen or that you will ever get the peace, answer, or rest that you are looking for. It's easy to question, but do we ever stop questioning? When the answer is clear, do we ever stop asking ourselves if this is what we're meant to do?

I know that things have gone well for me in the past and I've sat there and thought "This has got to be a joke. God's going to take this all away from me and I'll be left with nothing again." It sounds awful of me, but it's something that I've built into myself after years of pursuing destructive habits. I struggle with that a little bit now. My life has finally put itself into place and now I'm afraid that God's going to take it away from me.

I haven't learnt to let go of my fears and doubts. I still hold on to them like they're my best friend. They aren't. They are the things that keep holding me back. I suppose that it's a hard lesson to learn and that without the struggle of it, that I wouldn't need God to rely on through all of it. But there will come a point where I won't struggle with it as much as I do now.

I don't know how long it will take me until I can completely let it all go, but I know that I've got God to lean on. This song reminds me that there is hope in all the times. It doesn't matter how good or poor our lives seem. If we just wait, we'll find out purpose. We'll find the reason why we suffer, we'll find the reson why we're tempted, we'll find out all the answers to our questions. And they'll all come from God as He intended. Until we find that, we're not alone. You're not the only one. Don't be afraid to talk about it with someone else.

For Those Who Wait: Fireflight (Album: For Those Who Wait)
This is for those who wait

Another day, another waiting game
A little different but it's still the same
I am here, but where's the one I'm longing for?
I'm having trouble feeling all alone
Will my heart ever find a home?
I want to hope but sometimes I just don't know
I know I'm not the only one

So we sing a lullaby to the lonely hearts tonight
Let it set your heart on fire, let it set you free
When you're fighting to believe
In a love that you can't see
Just know there is a purpose
For those who wait

I want to open up my eyes
I know that all I need is time
I'm growing stronger every single day
God, I'm going to lean into You now
Letting go of all my fear and doubt
I can't do this on my own so I'll give You control
I know I'm not the only one

The pressure makes us stronger
The struggle makes us hunger
The hard lessons make the difference
The pressure makes us stronger
The struggle makes us hunger
The hard lessons make the difference
And the difference makes it worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment