Monday, December 13, 2010

Stand In the Rain, by Superchic[k]

I remember my listening this song on my iPod. I had never heard of the song before and didn't even know whom it was by. I remember that it was on the way to church and the clouds gladly poured upon the surrounding area. Everything around me held little color, it was all starting to fade into one color: black. It had been frustrating because my job search had turned up nothing and I couldn't even go to the movies with my little sister because I had no money.

Everything about my life made no sense. My plans for my future had long since faded. I didn't even know if there was much of a future left for me. I couldn't see myself getting past that day. This song started to play and it reminded of how easy it could be to give up. I was never one to give up. I am a stubbron person, but for some reason, my dreams and hopes for the future were easily forfeited. It's easy to fall into the belief that there's nothing ahead of you.

However, it's when we believe that there isn't anything for us, that we need to remain strong and keep standing. It's not easy. It's never going to be. It hurts. It is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But in the end, it was worth it. I made it through. I fell about a million times, but God was always there to help me stand and give me more strength. He kept giving me a reason to fight, even if it was just a simple thing such as being able to have a Jamba Juice with my mom. They were the things that kept me going.

They're still the things that keep me going. So please, I know it's hard, but please keep standing when it's all crashing down.

Stand in the Rain: Superchic[k] (Album: Beauty From Pain)

She never slows down.
She doesn't know why but she knows that when she's all alone, feels like its all coming down
She won't turn around
The shadows are long and she fears if she cries that first tear, the tears will not stop raining down

[CHORUS]
So stand in the rain
Stand your ground
Stand up when it's all crashing down
You stand through the pain
You won't drown
And one day, whats lost can be found
You stand in the rain

She won't make a sound
Alone in this fight with herself and the fears whispering if she stands she'll fall down
She wants to be found
The only way out is through everything she's running from wants to give up and lie down.

[CHORUS]
So stand in the rain
Stand your ground
Stand up when it's all crashing down

[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/stand-in-the-rain-lyrics-superchick.html ]

You stand through the pain
You won't drown
And one day, whats lost can be found
You stand in the rain

So stand in the rain
Stand your ground
Stand up when it's all crashing down
Stand through the pain
You won't drown
And one day, whats lost can be found

[CHORUS]
So stand in the rain
Stand your ground
Stand up when it's all crashing down
You stand through the pain
You won't drown
And one day, whats lost can be found
You stand in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment