Monday, December 13, 2010

Hold On, by Stellar Kart

When I went to first hear Stallar Kar live, I had no idea what to expect. I had gone to the concert because Kutless was playing and I really wanted to hear them live. So I ended up going with no idea as to what they even sounded like. They blew me away with their music. Even though I couldn't hear all the lyrics very well, a few of their lyrics stuck out to me. When we got home, my little sister and I looked up more of their songs and I found this one to be the message that sticks through my mind almost daily. I stuggled so much with various issues and often forgot that I was loved.

I never thought I could be loved. Even though I had grown up in the church and had learnt all about God's love for me, I couldn't even grasp it. I couldn't see how a God of His magnitude could even begin to love a wretched creature like me. I was no one and had nothing. I was weak and pathetic. Yet, in spite of those things, I am loved completely.

I may not fully understand the concept of being loved, even with all my flaws, but it's still a great comfort to know that He loves me anyway. There's someone who actually cares about me, even when I can't stand up on my own. Or when I can't see the light through the darkness. There's always a hand to guide me, arms to hold me, and a voice gently calling my name. This song reminds me of all those things so much. I hope you hear it too.

Hold On: Stellar Kart (Album: We Can't Stand Sitting Down)
I am all around you;
And I see,
Everywhere you see.
I am everything,
You believe

[chorus]
If the stars don't shine tonight,
And tomorrow forgets the light
Hold on,
Hold on to Me.

You are,
Loved completely
You mean,
Everything to Me
You will,
Always be here with Me

With everything you have
Hold on to Me.
Don't be afraid, I'm here to stay.
If your hope is running dry,
And your dreams have waved goodbye.
Hold on. Hold on to Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment